NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Directors of the Canadian Association of Communicators in Education has resolved to hold an Annual General Meeting (the “AGM”) of the members by a virtual meeting on Thursday, November 18, 2021 from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time Zone. Link to the virtual meeting will be forwarded to members 5 days prior to the meeting.
The meeting will be held virtually due to the cancellation of the Annual CACE Conference as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The purpose of the AGM will be to address the following business:
- Elections for positions on the Board of Directors as required by the Bylaws;
- Presentation and approval of the most recently published audited annual financial statements of the Association;
- Consideration of proposals to rescind, alter or add to the Bylaws and constitutional documents of the Association as recommended by the Executive;
- Receive and consider reports and recommendations of the Executive of the Association; and
- To conduct any new business of the Association.
Documents for the meeting will be posted on the Association website 5 days in advance of the meeting with notice being provided to all current members.
Your vote matters as we need 25% of our membership to attain quorum (a minimum of 66 members). For members who can’t attend the AGM, advanced participation and voting can also take place. Members can also submit a proxy for the meeting. Information on these two alternatives will be shared with members.
The Board of Directors of the Canadian Association of Communicators in Education