“When the past calls, don’t answer. It has nothing new to say.” Lionel Ritchie
It’s a new year but #schoolPR professionals across the country continue to play an important role to support staff, students and families during these ongoing, challenging and difficult times.
Your work has been challenging, dynamic, stressful and (hopefully) valued. The CACE Executive is proud of the exceptional work that you continue to do. Please reach out to any of us if there is anything that we can do to support you. We know that it continues to be busy for all. We also know that fatigue from virtual meetings may (have already) be setting in. However, we do not want to stop providing professional development opportunities.
We are kicking off the 2021 CACE Connects Webinar Series on Wednesday, Feb. 24 with Sylvia Link, MC ABC APR, director of marketing and communications for RTO. As some of you may recall, Sylvia presented at the 2019 CACE Conference in Winnipeg to standing room only. Her session was so popular that members asked for it to be delivered via webinar. Well, here we are.
REGISTER FOR FEBRUARY 24
How to get away with measurement (without really trying) during a pandemic
Presented by RTO
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Noon to 1 p.m. ET
Do we need an advanced research degree to develop a strategic communication plan? Or, as communications professionals, can we continue to get away with measurement without really trying – even during a global pandemic? In this free one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Discover proven, innovative research strategies for every project and budget.
- Gain ideas for adapting – and improving – research strategies during the pandemic.
- Revolutionize your measurement efforts by focusing on results and impact.
- Learn how to find research allies and to leverage research as a communication strategy.
- Brainstorm ways to transform your research into new communication products.
- Gain top tips for writing effective – and bias-free – survey questions.
- Leave with valuable resources, including a diversity research toolkit and do-it-yourself communication audit.
- Gather a communicator’s research bookshelf with 20 top resources.
Upcoming CACE Connect Sessions & Call for Presenters
March 9 – Justin Elbert – Digital tips & tricks for #schoolPR
April 14 – Jason Wheeler – Using Facebook Live (and other tools) to Tell Great Stories
We want to hear from you! As we continue to finalize details for the remainder of the 2021 webinar series, we want to ensure we’re providing topics that interest, help and grow your personal and professional knowledge.
Lastly, if you or someone you know is interested in presenting, have a specific topic of interest or know a speaker for a feature webinar, please let us know!
Moving forward, Karen Smith, director-at-large, will be handling all professional development opportunities for CACE. If you have a comment and/or suggestion, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ryan & Karen